Monday, March 7, 2011

This 5k's gone to the dogs

I am officially registered for my next race. 5k to benefit my local police department K9 unit. At first I was a little apprehensive. Not because I don't think I can run a competitive time, but because I think the K9 unit may make me nervous. What if the dogs are there (you know they probably will be for promotional reasons)? What if the smell my nervousness? What if they miscontrue my scent and try to attack me? What if they smell the GU or Clif blocks or Gatorade Prime on me and blow the whistle on my performance enhancement? "Honestly officer, I didn't know it was a banned substance!"

Oh, the possibilities are endless, but more than likely, I will go run my 5k, have some free food, grab my free t-shirt, and go home.

I noticed on my run this morning that I'm staring to slow down. Maybe it's just running 4 days in a row catching up with me. I certainly hope so. If anyone has any "go faster training tips" feel free to post. 'Till next time.

Terveydelle,

Craigers

3 comments:

  1. To go faster you have to run faster - are you including speedwork in your training?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm embarrassed to say it, but I usually do just distance. I've been so pre-occupied with how many miles to get in in a year, that I tend to over look the short, fast runs. How often do you get in the speed training Kovas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually don't do speedwork anymore, but have a hill repeats day instead, which gets me the intervals but also hills, which I really like. Works for the bike as well.

    ReplyDelete