Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pre-Race Prep Day #5

Last day of workouts before my race on Saturday. Got a nice 5 mile run in with 49 degree temps @ 3 am this morning! A little off my pace, but I was shooting for endurance on this run. I think endurance is on board, now I just pray that speed decides to come along for the ride. Tomorrow will be a rest day for me, so I probably won't have a lot to post about.

As far as fuel goes, I had my new favorite "breakfast blend" as I like to refer to it this morning. The recipe doesn't get much easier:

1/2 cup of Strawberry Special K
1/2 cup of Fiber One
1/2 Banana (sliced)
1/2 cup fat free milk

I'll start the "carbo overload" tonight. I like to do my heavy carb intake two nights before a race, and then a little lighter on them the night before. And of course a light breakfast on race day, usually fruit. Nothing to eat for me at least 1 hour before racing, but I will be fueled once again by GU (45 and 15 minutes prior to).

My next post will probably be a race report on Saturday or Sunday. Everyone have a great weekend and good luck if anyone else is racing this weekend.

Terveydelle,

Craigers

2 comments: