Sunday, March 13, 2011

Pre-race prep week day 1

It's time once again for my pre-race prep week. I haven't had this blog up long enough to post my superstitious and ritualistic pre-race routine yet so let this be the first one. I welcome any comments or ideas to expound upon my training.

Had a nice 5k in this morning (the distance of next Saturday's race). Didn't go all out so as not to inevitably pull something if I did. Pre-race diet starts this week as well I like to do 3 day of high protein foods followed by 3 days of high carb foods. Seeing as this is not going to be a high endurance race (I'll get into those deeper into the season), I'm not going to go gonzo on this, but I am going to try to stick to it for ritual purposes.

Tonight will be my famous "Chicken Enchiladas the Size of your Head". Ok. they're not really the size of your head, but they are big enough the one is pretty much all you need. Obviously, they contain copious amounts of chicken, but I also like to throw in some black beans for that extra kick of protein. The great thing about these is that my recipe makes for 8 of them, so with a family consisting of me, my wife and a 3 year old, I have enough left over to have for lunch on my high protein days as well.

Until tomorrow my friends,

Terveydelle,

Craigers

No comments:

Post a Comment