Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pre-Race Prep Day #4

Sorry I missed a post for day #3, but it was a rest day any way, nothing to really report.

Got a good 5k in this morning. Man, the weather is just starting to get so much better here in Wisconsin! Hopefully spring has indeed sprung. Today starts day 1 of no caffeine until after the race. These no caffeine days have been a point of contention for me in the past (crabby and headaches). I have tapered my caffeine intake to one 16oz. cup of coffee every day and that's it. I've switched to decaf tea and anything else I drink is caffeine free. Hopefully that will help with my mood on caf-dep (caffeine deprivation) days.

On another note, I was speaking with my eye doctor on Monday evening (I did have an appointment. I'm some crazy dude that just calls his eye doctor to talk about life - although we do have a lot in common), and he was telling me about this detox program he was going to be starting. Not for drugs or alcohol, but for food. I was all about getting off of all the processed foods that we have become accustomed too in this society, and getting on all natural, healthy foods to better your body, become stronger, and live longer. The company he was going through for this program is Standard Process . They are a supplement company among other things, but I find their theories to be, at least, interesting. I think I may look into this a little more, and would be interested in any feedback, thoughts, or experience that any one else has had with similar diets.

Terveydelle,

Craigers

1 comment:

  1. Cutting out processed foods is huge, and very difficult. It doesn't necessarily make you a better eater, but at least you have to think about it.

    ReplyDelete