Friday, March 25, 2011

Deep Tissue Massage

I had my first real deep tissue massage last night. WOW! I am sore. That little lady really packs a punch. Usually most people are satisfied to just beat me for free, but I actually paid her to do it. She said that my back is actually starting to get pretty messed up. After all of these years of slouching (I am 6'-3" well may be 6'-4" if I stand up straight) was causing damage to not only my upper back muscles, but my pectoral muscles as well. Oh and my scapula are beginning to separate. That was the diagnosis.

The prescription - STAND UP STRAIGHT. She also went over some good stretching for my back and pecs. I also feel I need to start yoga sooner than later. So now hopefully I can still correct this situation. She also stated that better posture is going to make me a better athlete, and that's what I'm striving for.

This is the first time I've gone to this gal for my theraputic massage needs, and I'm glad I did. To have her tell me these things I think will really make a difference. The lesson learned here is if you haven't had a deep tissue massage, get one. It'll hurt like a mother whilst you're getting it done, but the benefits far out weigh the temporary discomfort.

Terveydelle,

Craigers

No comments:

Post a Comment