Monday, February 28, 2011

Start Wrenching

Well snow over night on Saturday (again), forced me to run on that damned treadmill again for Sunday. Got a quick 3 mi (roughly) in . The work week is looking pretty dry, so I should be able to get some out door activity in.

The lack of "perfect" weather forced me to get into my "shop" yesterday afternoon. Now mind you, my shop is really just my fancy name for my basement. A couple weeks ago I decided to get down there and do a little cleaning. I threw things away, and rearranged until I had what I felt to be a workable bicycle maintenance area. So yesterday I gave my first try at keeping my stable in working order.

First on the table was my Gary Fisher Advance, who I affectionately refer to as just "Gary". I had gotten a new rear wheel a couple weeks ago, so I started by degreasing the rear end (that sounds questionable), and putting the new week on. I then degreased the chain and re-lubed it, checked the bottom bracket for trouble, and checked my shifting to eliminate any clunkiness. It was a pleasant 45 min. Next on the table is my wife's Trek WSD 3700, and then my '85 Trek 400 series road bike, also known as the "Cougar" (because it's older, yet still attractive). That's just the winter maintenance. Once I get through that, then the patients will start again for their spring tune-up.

Other than that, just biding my time until we get a little thaw around here. Next race coming up on March 19th. 5k to benefit the FDL police K9 unit.

Terveys,

Craigers

No comments:

Post a Comment